Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FLYing and Quilting

This is what I love the most about flying: It frees up time! When you are on autopilot with your routines, zone work, and detailing, it gives you time to pursue other adventures.

I've started many crafts in my lifetime. I think I enjoy trying something new more than I enjoy actually completing it. My family is sure that this will be another of my "doomed" hobbies. But I like the way my friend, Paula, put it. "It doesn't matter how long it lasts! It only matters if you're enjoying it while you're doing it."

With that in mind, I set out to research how to quilt. I scoured the internet for patterns and tips on how to start. I picked out lovely fabrics that made me happy. I put a book on hold at the library: Quilting for Dummies. I set up a blog to track my progress. And I am excited about it!

Track my quilting progress at "So You Think You Can Quilt."

No comments:

Post a Comment