Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FLYing While Sick

I came home from our trip with a relentless cold. Have you ever seen the commercial for Mucinex...



...well the whole family must have moved in because I can't seem to get over this bug! Needless to say, this has caused a bit of trouble with my post-vacation list of things to do.

I have spent the better part of two days on my couch. I'm glad to say that the living room is one of the most organized rooms in my home. It's nice to sit in there without too much chaos. But the best thing about flying while sick is the motto of doing something for only 15 minutes. I can almost get my entire kitchen cleaned in 15 minutes, even when it starts as a disaster zone! I can swish and swipe AND get the bad made in 15 minutes. These last two days have proven that you can find 15 minutes worth of energy. A clean bathroom. A made bed. A shining sink. The rest can wait until I am feeling better. If I don't vacuum this week, it won't be the end of life as we know it. And dusting...well, it will still be there when I am on the road to recovery.

Flying while sick means maintaining the things we have already put into place and giving ourselves the permission to get better. THAT is what FLYing really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment