Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Decluttering Blesses Others

BEFORE


One of flylady's challenges this week was to go through our closet and declutter our hanging tops and blouses. I know this is a difficult assignment for me. I like clothes. I love to look in my closet and see all my tops color coordinated and waiting for me to wear them. I'm not proud of it, but I can admit it! LOL!

I decided that I would eliminate 10% of my hanging blouses. I knew there were some that brought me joy before, and now are just taking up space and an extra hanger. So I began by counting what I had. 111! Wow, that seems like a lot. I would have guessed half that number. So that meant that I needed to purge 11 shirts from my wardrobe.

15...I took out 15 shirts. I exceeded my goal and I am so proud. I have been invited to a clothing exchange party this weekend and now I have something to bring. I am going to bless someone else with those blouses that were once loved. Now they can be loved again and worn again. And every time I see that blouse on a dear friend, I will feel even more blessed.


AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment