Saturday, February 13, 2010

Why Fly?

When I was first introduced to flylady's system, I was drowning in my perfection. Nothing ever seemed "enough." I needed to allow myself to breathe. Her system made perfect sense. Get rid of the clutter first. The rest will follow. And it did.

I needed the routines. I needed the permission to stop after 15 minutes. I needed to realize that "housework done incorrectly still blesses your family." Even more importantly, "you are never behind - jump in where you are." Yesterday's list is just that...yesterday's. Today's list doesn't always have to include what you didn't do yesterday! My list was always cumulative. 3 items left from Monday, just add them to Tuesday. Now 6 items left from Tuesday, add them to Wednesday. No wonder I always felt behind! I started off behind before I ever woke up.

My timer became my best friend. I am allowed to stop after 15 minutes. Some days I do. Honestly, you can do anything for 15 minutes. And it's truly amazing at what you can accomplish in that little bit of time: IF you focus on the task at hand. Don't go to put away the dishes and decide to reorganize all your kitchen cupboards. Do just what you set out to do, and stay focused.

I'm not saying that the inside of my house looks like a spread in Better Homes and Garden. But it's livable. And I am happier. I have time for the more important things. I'm truly FLYing - Finally Loving Yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Im reading your whole blog...I want to know who you are and how you got there..this is truly inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Judy, I am reading your whole blog, I am so impressed, it had even given the courage and desire to also blog about my actual FLYing journey, and make that apart of my routine. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete